Sunday, February 1, 2009

INKHEART... Fraser, Mirren, Bettany, Serkis


INKHEART. According to the two third-grade girls chatting it up with me after the movie:
blonde braids-"This was a good one."
brunette BFF- "Really good."
blonde braids- "Did you know that the producer was Cornelia Funke?"
me-"Funky."
braids - (smiling) "I know. Funky. (small giggle) I have two of her books. Did you know that she hand-writes a copy and they're worth like a thousand dollars. I don't think I could ever write all that. I have one, but it's the regular kind."
me- "Who was your favorite character? Did you like the dad? (Brendan Fraser)"
BFF - "umm. I don't know."
braids - (after a 'you're crazy' glance at bff) "The dad was okay. He was sort of ...
me- "poorly cast? ready to find his new calling in hotel management?"
braids- "He was okay. Dustfinger was the best. Did you see him blow fire?"
me- (Did I ever. Since when did he start working out - he was body-beautiful in this.) "Yup."
(Dustfinger was played by the scene-redeeming Paul Bettany. Great casting choice, says I. I love him. He's walked a long road since his naked role in A Knight's Tale with the late Heath Ledger. I also enjoyed the camio by his lovely wife Jennifer Connelly.)
me- "He was so cute."
braids - (shoots me the 'now you're crazy' look and corrects me.) "He was good."
me- "I liked the old lady (that's kid-speak for the illustriously prominent Helen Mirren.)
braids- "Yeah, she was so funny."
me- "She was hilarious. When she rode on the little scooter... and the unicorn!"
bff- "...or when she.."
braids- "That shadow guy was SOOO scary."
bff- "yeah."
(By this time we'd reached the outside doors.)
me- Thanks for chatting about the movie with me.
bff- "It was nice...to meet you."
braids- "I hope we see you again. Here. Sometime. Hope again."
me- Thanks. I hope so too!

1 comment:

  1. Wow.
    Talking to little kids at the movies, are we?

    ReplyDelete